Re: Mail Redirection need help!

2004-11-30 02:47:01
On 30 Nov 2004 NM Public (agorae(_at_)nm(_dot_)deflexion(_dot_)com) wrote:
something like this might work:

:0
* ^From:(.*\<)?one(_at_)yahoo\(_dot_)com
* ^Delivered-To:(.*\<)?two(_at_)consulting\(_dot_)com
! three(_at_)bullhorn(_dot_)com

But there are all kinds of potential problems here because (as Sean so wisely said): PROCMAIL IS NOT AN MTA!

I just re-read the OP message and see that he also wants to change the To: header so it says

 To: three(_at_)bullhorn(_dot_)com

Before you start trying to solve this part of the problem, I recommend that you get everything else working. Also make sure that you understand that the To: header has nothing to do with where mail is actually sent. It is entirely cosmetic and easy to change with Procmail once you get everything else working.

BTW, *why* are you trying to do what you're trying to do. It sounds like you are trying to use Procmail as an MTA, which is a recipe for major headaches and problems!

NM

--
Infinite Ink: <http://www.ii.com/>
Procmail Quick Start: <http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/>