Re: Status: U

2004-12-10 08:20:15
* Chris <cpollock(_at_)earthlink(_dot_)net> [2004-12-03 20:18]:
I've just started using Procmail and I don't know if procmail even
has anything to do with this.  I'm using Imap folders, courier-imap,
fetchmail and procmail.  Before the switch when a msg came in it
would have a Status of 'R' which I assume means 'received', now all
msgs have a Status of U.  Is this from Procmail or one of the other
apps?

Procmail can do that, sure, but only if you're filtering with a recipe
that it programmed to do that.  Otherwise it wouldn't happen.

'R' does mean received; it means -read-.  If you are receiving new
inbound mail with a status of R, you're ISP (like mine) is processing
mail using tools that are either buggy, or tools that aren't meant for
ISP use.  In either case, the removal of the R flag is a good thing.
Only your MUA should be setting that flag.