Re: How to avoid s/\n/ /g when unfolding a header

2004-12-14 14:10:32
On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, 21:58 GMT+01 Dallman Ross wrote:

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 08:32:43AM +1300, Volker Kuhlmann wrote:

[...]

You can't use tr -d to remove white space as it
will makeyoursubject:looklikethis.

Yes, I realize.  But the OP was interested in a limited use of
this for base64-encoded or quoted-printable subject lines that
are broken across lines on purpose to obfuscate what they say.
These particular subjects would all be sans whitespace in their
"natural" state.  At least, that was my understanding of what he
was trying to do.

As posted earlier, the real-life example was

Subject: =?utf-8?q?Today Show - Rolex o?=
 =?utf-8?q?r Cartier or Breitl?=
 =?utf-8?q?ing?=

This is a subject falling under the category of those particular
subjects you are mentioning, but it does contain whitespace (both in
its "natural" and "obfuscated" state). So simply removing all spaces is
really not a good idea, for all cases of subjects.

rob.