Re: Removing list footers -- and sed case insensitivity

2004-12-23 01:38:01
* Ruud H.G. van Tol <rvtol(_at_)isolution(_dot_)nl> [2004-12-22 18:13]:

   :0
   * B ?? ^[  ]*^_+^.*^.*^.*/procmail$^^
   * -6^0
   *  1^1  B ?? ^.*$
   | sed $=q

That one is tricky.. $= has special meaning to both sed and procmail,
but since it's not enclosed in single quotes, procmail interprets it
first to substitute for the score.  At first it appeared to be telling
sed to count all lines in the stream, and then print them all.

Anyway, that would work, but I intend to eventually get more complex
with it.  Not all listers have the etiquette of procmail users, and
will top post without trimming.  I eventually plan to script something
that will trash the multiple footers that end up in a body embedded in
varying levels of quoting.

Thanks for posting that though.. if my ambition fades, your simpler
more clever version might be what I use.