Re: (no subject)

2005-01-18 15:50:47
On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 07:09:38AM +0000, Fradley Bradley wrote:

[A bunch of HTML-onlystuff that I can't read in mutt without calling
external programs.]

This is a text-only list, and it is generally frowned on when
people send HTML mail.  Even more frowned-on is to send only
an HTML part and no text part.  Probably this is why nobody has
answered your very simple question so far.

Second, have you read the man pages, such as "man procmailex"
and "man procmailrc"?  After that, the next good step for a
beginner is to read Nancy McGough's QuickStart pages.  They
are linked from www.procmail.org -- where you can also find
historical list archives to help yourself with some of your
questions.

I will generously presume you didn't realize you were sending HTML
mail and will help you for now.  A Subject line would also, of
course, be helpful to have used.

 I would like to pipe the contents of an email matching the following
 conditions to a file whose filename is built using the system date
 and time. I then want to run a script called /tmp/processmail.sh that
 processes the contents of the e-mail

 Condition 1 : TO = user(_at_)domain(_dot_)com
 Condition 2 : Body contains 'TEXT-TO-FIND'
 Suggested filename format: DDMMYYYYHHMMSS

 Can anyone offer me a recipe to do this?

  :0:
  * ^To:.*\<user(_at_)domain\(_dot_)com\>
  * B ?? TEXT-TO-FIND
  `date +%d%m%G%H%M%S`