Re: Losing acentuated characters

2005-01-28 03:11:03
On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 08:41:16AM +0000, Jos? Castro wrote:
What I noticed is that the email that gets through procmail is losing
acentuated characters... My name, for instance, turns out like
this: Jos\351 Castro.

Can anyone tell me what I can do to avoid this?

Procmail doesn't change anything you don't tell it to change.
So either (a) procmail isn't doing it, and your mail reading is
somehow different such as via a different client (program);
or (b) some recipe in your rcfile is changing something in the
mail -- such as a Content-Type, Content-Transfer-Encoding, etc.,
header.  Or maybe it's something a piped program is doing,
such as SpamAssassin.

--
dman