Re: Problems with Procmail 3.0.2 on BSD

2005-03-29 14:24:46
At 15:22 2005-03-29 -0500, Steve Lake wrote:

Your subject line is misleading - it isn't procmail 3.0.2 - that's your SA version.

Hi all. Just recently did an upgrade on my mail server and moved to the latest procmail (3.22.5)

FTR, that's not a procmail version number - that's a package version - the procmail version is 3.22 (as distributed on procmail.org), but the maker of your OS distribution has applied 5 patches to it (which, JFTR, may not be "official" patches).

and the latest Spam Assassin (3.0.2_1) and now suddenly no mail is being filtered, yet Procmail *appears* to be handing it off to be processed. I've checked the message headers and nothing comes up that says "x-spam-status" or x-spam anything like it did before. I did notice in the upgrade notes that Spam Assassin is now using a new method for filtering and requires a 3.0 aware milter.

Well, procmail isn't a milter.  A milter is an MTA based filter module.

My guess is that my spam assassin is setup right but I'm missing something small on my config that I need to change or fix. Can anyone suggest things that I might need to look at to figure out why nothings being handed off to spam assassin? Thanks.

I'd suggest that you talk with the Spam Assassin folks.

Have you checked for an SA logfile?