Re: SPAM

2005-03-31 09:07:50
On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 05:00:11PM +0200, Rainer Bendig aka Ny wrote:
Moin Moin Lennart Andersen, *,

Lennart Andersen wrote on Mar 31, 2005 at 09:17AM -0500:
So my question is this, can I block an email if the full name doesn't match
the
email address?

Really bad idea... my Adress iss foobar(_at_)moins(_dot_)de how would you
know if
this mail is spam?

You missed the thrust of his question, thought I misinterputed it
myself at first.

That being said it's still a bad idea.  Given the rule that was
sugested you would force any mail sent directly to you to have your
full (and correct) name attached to it, when having a descriptive name
acssociated with the email address is not a requirement.

So if someone slips up and leaves out the doubble 'n' or just uses
your first name.  or doesn't include you name at all... just a bare
email, you would discard it.

As a scoring factor it might be usefull, but I wouldn't put too much
weight on it.

--
Till Later, Jake <karrde+procmail(_at_)viluppo(_dot_)net>