Re: Which characters to quote ?

2005-04-04 08:18:04
Am 2005-04-04 09:11:55, schrieb David W. Tamkin:

Procmail is eight-bit clean.  The problem, I'm guessing, is that the
literal text of the subject lines isn't like that but actually encodes
it some way that comes out displaying properly, procmail is comparing
the unencoded strings in your recipe to the encoded versions in the
incoming messages.

No, already tested, 'mimedecode' do the job very nice...

But can it be, that the problem occur, because fetchmail run as root
which has locale "C" and the $USER de_DE(_at_)euro, fr_FR(_at_)euro, ... ?

If I had understand right the RFC, mime-encoding in the "Subject:"
is no obligation...  and I have encountered that many MUAs do not
set the

for example. If it is missing the MUA encode the Subject in base64
or quoted-printable.

Because I use ISO-8859-15 for my locale, I can nearly read most
messages without the "Content-Type:" Header...

But realy, I like to see procmail can mimedecode on the fly if such
Header are detected...

A VERY BIG WISH !!!  DEVELOPERS  !!!

Get the source from another GPLed Software like "mimedecode" and
include it.  AFAIK there is a lib which can do it to...

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi