Re: Scoring for Capitals in the Subject line

2005-04-16 12:37:53
On 16 Apr 2005, at 03:16 :21, John Muggleton wrote:
It seems that some of my spam has mostly capitals in the subject line and wondered if there was a simple way of scoring for it. I came across this:

:0D
* -3^1 ^Subject:[a-z]
* 4^1 ^Subject:[A-Z]

which is supposed to capture 75% capitalisation

Well, heck, even if it worked, it would catch 25%.

AAAbbb = 4+4+4 -3-3-3 = +3

I think you would need something like

:0D
* -1^1 MATCH ?? [A-Z]
* 3^1 MATCH ?? [a-z]

AAAAAAbb = -6 + 6 = 0, so 75% passes, anything over, fails.

I'd be careful with this, btw, and not score it too high.

--
Do you believe that there's someone up above, and does he have a timetable directing acts of love?