Procmail changing e-mail "Return-Path"

2005-05-12 14:21:20

Hello,

I am using Procmail inbetween Postfix and Cyrus-Imap.

I am having problems with mail-rejects coming from Cyrus in that the
return-path of the original mail is changed by Procmail to be the
unix account running procmail.

This breaks the routing of a rejected mail back to its sender.

The problem only ocurs when I use procmail. the "Return-Path" setting
in the e-mail gets changed by procmail from the real sender to the unix
id that procmail is run as. The message is delivered to this user rather
than the original sender.

The problem happens even with no recipes in my procmailrc file.

This problem does not happen when I configure postfix to send directly
to cyrus (i.e. bypass procmail).

Has anyone come across this before and is there a solution ?

Thanks,
John