Re: reading varibles from file

2005-05-13 10:25:41
On 12 May, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
At 19:59 2005-05-11 +0200, Gerardo Herzig wrote:
Hi all. I want to read some "enviroment" variables via some config file,
so later i can use them in one .rc file. Im posting some "pseudo .rc to
make my point clear:"

in /etc/procmailrc :

INCLUDERC=/etc/sysconfig/procmail.config

This would cause the file to be loaded for all users, except those manually
invoking procmail as a filter (rather than as an LDA).  You could still
perform the INCLUDERC= within a regular rcfile if you wanted.

You might consider just putting the procmail.config in the
/etc/procmailrcs/ dir, since that's a directory already associated with
procmail - no, it won't auto-load from there, but it'll keep your procmail
related stuff in a procmail related place.

Philip Guenther once warned against using /etc/procmailrcs because not
only is it associated with procmail but it has a special meaning that
he suggested might open security holes if used in a way other than its
intended purpose.

I use a a directory hierarchy below /usr/local/share/procmail (linked
to /usr/local/share/procmail-x.xx.x) for all system (non-user) rcfiles.

Don

--
Email address in From: header is valid  * but only for a couple of days *
This is my reluctant response to spammers' unrelenting address harvesting