Procmail forwarding -- but different

2005-05-14 00:11:45
Does anyone know of a tinysmtpd that could be used from procmail as a final
delivery method to pipe marked up messages back to my MTA on a different port
without using a call to $sendmail (which would alter the original headers in
unwanted ways)?

I've been all over Google and the SA/Amavis lists looking for a way to do per
user SA preferences with an SQL database. That requires the use of
spamc/spamd which Amavis does not use. So, I'd like to accept messages into
postfix on port 25 and pipe them out to procmail with a /etc/procmailrc that
calls spamc with the recipient address as it's -u parameter. When spamc
completes it's run and subsequent header markup I want to send THAT back to
postfix on some other port so it can be filtered through Amavis for viruses
(I'd rather do the virus checks first but....).

This is only part of the solution I'm looking for. Still have to look into
hacking Amavis to actually ACT on SA headers that have been inserted without
actually using an "Amavis style" SA installation so users will be abel to
have Amavis send blatant spam to /dev/null or just deliver everything etc.

Since this is all to be working on virtual domains I can't figure out how to
just use procmail as the final LDA and allow users to change the behavior
based on individual score preferences.

This all requires a basic point-and-click web interface of which a few are
available. But they only change what tags/scores SA adds. With no local user
accounts there is no .procmailrc per user (and they wouldn't know how to
change it anyway).

I have to have our current mail server replaced by SOMETHING by Sunday
night/Monday morning. I don't expect to get the per user stuff done by then
and plan on doing a pure Amavis style install for now that will at least
allow users to set their own score levels -- but not change what gets scored
higher/lower (like adding points for non-western character sets).

I'm just trying to lay the groundwork for the per-user SA stuff now. I'll
build a test server on the old mail server when I tear it down.

I am SOOO tempted to tell the boss we should start saving gmail invites and
sending our customers there for their email requirements. ;-)

Gerald