Re: Number of procmail installations?

2005-05-24 05:42:56
At 02:15 2005-05-24 -0700, John Conover wrote:
Anyone have any idea on how many procmail installations there are?

This would be difficult to answer.  I daresay, impossible.

'Installed' on individual processors, virtual hosts (one computer running multipe domains, either simple or with OS virtualization), or user accounts (users can compile and run it themselves)? Actively in use, or merely installed (many *nix distros include procmail by default, whether the admin ever makes use of it)?

There's no "procmail user registry" (not that I'm aware of anyway - and if there were, it'd seem stupid not to have the procmail community aware of it via this list), and that wouldn't provide a meaningful number either, since plenty of people don't bother registering themselves just for the sake of registering.