Re: How to pipe only if certain file exists?

2005-07-12 13:07:59
On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 12:21:10PM -0700, Ric Otte wrote:
Hi,

I have a multi-boot machine, and use the same home directory with
different debian distributions.  If I am checking mail and the spam
filter /usr/bin/qsf exists, I would like to pipe my mail through it.
But if it doesn't exist, I don't want to try to pipe the mail through
it.  I tried all sorts of things, such as the following, but all were
unsuccessful:
    :0
    |   test [ -e /usr/bin/qsf ]
        :0 wf
            | qsf -sra

    :0
    *$ $IS_EXIST /usr/bin/qsf
    | qsf -sra

Basically (as is obvious), I have no idea how to do this and was
randomly guessing.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

 :0
 * ? [ -x /usr/bin/qsf ]

--
dman