Re: Autoreponder does not work

2005-07-15 14:42:57
At 22:06 2005-07-15 +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:

It had already worked, but now it does not more work...

Er, what does your VERBOSE log say?

Top of the list is whether this Envelope-to: header is actually present -
the header excerpt you provided DOES NOT include it, so right off the bat,
I'd suspect your first condition skips the whole lot.

FTR, since you're POSTING from a freenet.de account, and one might expect
that this recipe uses that same account, is it really necessary to blintz
the address that appears in it?

What was <snip>ped from the middle of the recipe?

Not that it has a direct bearing upon your recipe failure, but you should
get in the habit of ESCAPING the dots which are supposed to be dots, rather
than single character wildcards.

Tried saving one of the messages to a file, then piping it at your recipe
inside a sandbox?

What is your $SENDMAIL set to?  If this ssmtp -t prog is what you use for
MTA submissions, you should define SENDMAIL to that and use the SENDMAIL
variable to invoke the MTA.  This makes your recipes more portable
(including allowing the thing to be dropped in as-is into a sandbox which
redefines SENDMAIL to a simple script which stores the message as passed,
rather than invoking the MTA and generating potential mail grief - always a
good way to TEST autoresponders).  Have you changed or otherwise upgraded
your MTA since the last time you know this successfully worked?  For all we
know, the conditions are matching, but the message is going off into the
ether when passed to your submission command.  Your VERBOSE logfile would
be a helpful guide here...