Re: procmail Digest, Vol 30, Issue 28

2005-07-24 15:31:22
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 04:00:45 -0600,
<procmail-request(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE> wrote:

Hello Grtz,

I set up a test to check whether or not a negation works in a multiple OR,
and found that you were right (of course!)  Negation needs to be at the
beginning and applies to the entire condition line.

I am looking carefully at your recipe suggestion (below), utilizing OR  =
'9876543210^0'.  Could you please explain this line?:

  *$ ^Cc:.*\/[^$WSP].*

In fact I don't understand the rest of this recipe, either.  I thought you
were catching all non-whitespace text into H_CC, but that would mangle the
CC header excessively.  Please explain.

Regards,
Lloyd

... from your recipe I see that you are not only
interested in a missing From: header field, but also try to detect
whether the From: header field is special.
 WSP = '  '  # 2 characters: space & tab
  OR  = '9876543210^0'
 :0
  { H_CC = "$MATCH" }