Re: Using an alias file to copy/forward mail to other addresses

2005-08-03 05:10:13
On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 11:48:46PM -0500, Damian Menscher wrote:

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, Stephen Allen wrote:

It would be easier if I could just dump the names in a file,
and have the file parsed for forwarding addresses.  Eg:

The first column is the address here, the rest of the line is a
list of email addresses to forward to.

I don't suppose you've ever heard of /etc/aliases?

(Apologies if your "question" was just a joke, and I missed the
humor.)

Fwiw, I saw no "question," with or without scare-quotes.  I
saw some sentences and statements.  No quesion marks.  One
sentence that began like so:

 It would be easier if I could . . .

:-)

P.S. to OP: the archived, searchable logs are your friend.

Dallman