multiple mailbox delivery

2005-08-07 08:36:53
Hello All:

I use a web host service which provides me with access to multiple pop
boxes and a domain space.  I am a lowly user with no special privileges.

Suppose my domain name is www.mydomain.com.  My username for access to my
domain space is taken from my domain name - hence, "mydomain."  This is
also the username for my default POP account.

I am also allowed multiple pop accounts, each belonging to a separate
username, like this:

joe(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
sally(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com

Now, my procmail script only runs as user "mydomain," the domain owner.
It receives only mail sent to user mydomain(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com(_dot_)
Mail sent
directly to joe(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com bypasses my procmail script and is sent

directly to the "joe" spool.  In order to process mail by procmail for the
"joe" and "sally" pop accounts, I have to redirect it to
mydomain(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com(_dot_)

THE PROBLEM (finally) is that once user joe's mail is filtered by user
mydomain's procmail script (my one and only procmail script), I cannot get
procmail to write to joe's mail spool.  There is an ownership/privileges
problem.  The procmail script runs as user mydomain, and does not have
permission to write to joe's mail spool.

My idea is to make user mydomain and user joe belong to a group, and give
read-write privileges for these spool files to members of the group.
Should this work?  Somebody at my web server said that the spool file
permissions HAVE to be 600.

I'd greatly appreciate any help with this.

--
Regards,
Lloyd (if emailing me directly put "Standish" in mail subject or body)