Re: Sorting an already existing mbox file, is it possible?

2005-10-03 02:05:00
Thanks for the help (Holger Wahlen and Dallman Ross) , but

  formail -ns procmail -m recipe1.rc <mbox094elv

resulted in everything going to one file (mailsave/therest), just as before.
This mailsave/therest is my default file, so nothing more is written to
mbox094elv.

I looked through the man pages for procmail, procmailrc and procmailex many
times, noticed the "postprocess" part, but nothing worked right.  I even
found and browsed that QuickStart web page, and saved it, but still procmail
insisted on putting everything in one file, according to the Return-Path of
the first message, and prepended '>' to every subsequent line that began with
"From ", in mailsave/therest (mbox094elv was unmolested).  This happens
equally with procmail-3.15.2 and procmail-3.22.  I even tried

cat mbox094elv | formail -ns procmail -m recipe1.rc

formail -ns < mbox094elv procmail -m recipe1.rc

(formail -ns procmail -m recipe1.rc) <mbox094elv

but got the same result, everything into one file, mailsave/therest.

Tom