mbox size causing lockfile error?

2005-10-31 18:03:54
My "white" mailbox is where I have all mail from friends in my
whitelist delivered.

Recently I have had (some) mail falling through my whitelist recipes
and being delivered to my $DEFAULT mailbox - I have not been able to
figure out why... at least I think until now I have a hint.

I turned on verbose logging and this extract appeared:

-----
procmail: Locking "white.lock"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=white"
procmail: Opening "white"
procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock
procmail: Error while writing to "white"
procmail: Truncated file to former size
procmail: Unlocking "white.lock"
-----

Mailboxes are mbox, and "white" was about 49Mb according to
$ ls -l $HOME/Mail

The messages that have been falling through had attachments.  Some
text only messages were correctly delivered to "white".

So is this because that mailbox has reached some sort of size limit?
Is this what is meant by quotas?
How do I change/increase that?
Is it a procmail setting or postfix or system setting?

Thanks.

--
Troy Piggins
Compiled from src: vim 6.4; mutt 1.5.10i; postfix 2.2.4;