Need some recipe help

2005-11-10 15:33:38
I am working on interfacing email to a paging gateway
with some other functionality. I have been using
procmail to get to just send the paging gateway the
From, Subject and Body. I got to the part where I
needed to send the message to the paging client and I
am getting a socket closed message on the server.

I use formail to extract the From, Subject and Body to
a variable BODY.
I then execute `gpage test "$BODY"`. This is what is
breaking. If I execute `gpage test "This is a TEST" it
works. So I am trying to either make it work within
the procmailrc or save the extracted from, subject and
body to a file and then call a script to cat the file
and send  it the gpage client. I have tried all kinds
of quotes.
here is the script:
PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:.
SHELL=/usr/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/  # You'd better make sure it exists
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/mbox LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from
LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail
# LOGFILE     = $PMSRC/pm.log
LOGABSTRACT = "all"
VERBOSE     = "on"

:0 cb
* ^To: (_dot_)*patch(_at_)fascv(_dot_)org
{
        BODY=`formail -k -X From: -X Subject:`
        # Save to file for script to run??
`gpage test "$BODY"` # This is not working
(desireable)
#`gpage test "THIS IS A TEST" # This works
#paging_stuff

Thanks in adavance for your advice.

-Brian