carriage returns and cygwin

2006-01-09 20:01:30
I'm trying to learn enough about running winxp to get procmail fetchmail
working together on it.  An easy task in unix or linux but a little
more complicated on MS.

I've got it all working but I'm finding when fine tuning my recipies
that a carriage return is being inserted as mail goes thru procmail.

I don't think this was the case on unix but not able to test right
now.   I may have never really used the anchor $ in my regex since
most recipies don't require it but now I tried to use $ at the end and
it fails, apparently due to a ^M carraige return being inserted by
procmail or so it seems.

Checking the `To' line on the test message with vi and the :l command I
see a simple $ but after processing the same `To' line has ^M$.

Is this something compiled in by cygwin to be compat with win line
terminators?  Can I do anything about this? Or simple remember to
write my regex to include the ^M