RE: procmail: Error while writing to formail

2006-03-14 18:15:54

Hello,

I just noticed taht formail works only if /etc/passwd contains the valid
login shell.
if I change /bin/bash to /bin/false, formail in .procmailrc will fail.

What I want to do is to make sure
all incoming email header will become

Obviously formail cannot be used if no vaild login shell is allowed for that
specific user.

I wonder if there is any other way to get around this problem.

thanks.

Tom

From: Tom Lee <tom_lee01(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
To: procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Subject: procmail: Error while writing to formail
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 23:17:24 +0000

Hello,
I want to change the header Content-Type: for the incoming email from a
specific domain.
but I always get the writing errors in procmail.log

what could be the reason?

here is my .procmailrc

HOME=/home/abc
LOGFILE=$HOME/Mail/procmail.log
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
LOCKFILE=$MAILDIR/lockfile

:0 c
* (^From.*domain.com)
{
:0 Afhw
    | /usr/bin/formail -I "Content-Type: text/plain;"
:0 c
    problem_mail
}

The error in procmail.log is:

procmail: Error while writing to " /usr/bin/formail -I "Content-Type:
text/plain;""
procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded

is there any way I can do to fix this problem?

thanks

Tom