Re: Saving mail in MAILDIR format

2006-04-01 15:18:32
On Apr 1, 2006, at 6:27 AM, Gerard Seibert wrote:

How do I go about making it save mail in /var/mail in MAILBOX format
by default?

Is /var/mail really where you want to save it like that?
Normally, I'd choose the user's home directory, in which case, the
statement in /etc/procmailrc is:

        DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/

It's not the "Maildir" that does it, but the trailing "/".
But I expect that the effect you are looking for could be had as
follows:

        DEFAULT=/var/mail/$LOGNAME/

It's just that I would advise against it... as /var/mail is "expected"
to be full of mbox files, and who knows what surprises await you....

Aloha mai Nai`a!
--
"Please have your Internet License             http://kapu.net/~mjwise/
   and Usenet Registration handy..."