Re: possibly useful for vonage users

2006-04-20 10:55:24
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 04:19:49 -0600 Google Kreme <gkreme(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
wrote:

On 19 Apr 2006, at 22:50 , Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:

But why scan the headers three times?

Because I built the recipe one "piece" at a time and never went back to
clean up.

And, as I said to Ruud, I use the "ERROR" (or "ELSE") method for trapping
multiple addresses to a single folder so I can more easily see what
addresses I am grabbing when I review my .procmailrc. I put the sections
with addresses I get more mail from near the top of my rcfile (like my
"mailing list" section where I have several lists that may sned me 50+
messages daily) so they hit a delivery recipe and stop processing more
quickly.

I don't grab *(_at_)vonage(_dot_)com because it helps avoid spoofs. Anything
from
vonage.com but not from one of those specific addresses drops through to my
catchall for review. If they decide to use another valid address I just add
it to my list.

Gerald