Re: Forwarding mail

2006-04-24 01:42:36

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006, Doug Essinger-Hileman wrote:

I have need to forward a limited amount of email that I get on to my
wife's account. I have checked a number of different places, and have
found that perhaps the easiest way to do that is with the condition

! wife(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)org

        This is not a condition this is an action.  The following
        is a recipe ie condition and action:

:0
* keyword
! wife(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)org

        Now you have condition: if the keyword found
        then send the message.

But I've also encountered a recipe that invokes sendmail. It seems to
me that this is less efficient, but I'm not sure of that. Would
someone please comment?

        man procmailex

I have also seen a suggestion, though I cannot find it again, that a
good way to deliver if the person's account is on the same server
would be to pipe to procmail using the -d switch, thus

        You have no permission to write into inbox belong
        to others. (I hope)

| procmail -d wife(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)org

Is there any advantage to doing things in this manner than simply
using the forward action?

Doug