Re: Formail mail parsing

2006-05-09 10:02:17
On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 04:42:44PM +0100, Christopher Burton wrote:

Is it possible to use formail to parse mail headers and message
body at same time?
The following gives no output:

cat mailfile | formail -I "" -x Subject:

What are you trying to do, and what do you imagine the above should do?

You are invoking mutually exclusive commands.  '-I""' strips off
all headers and leaves the body.  '-x Subject:' extracts the
Subject field.  If you strip off all headers first, how can there
then be a Subject field to extract?

--
dman