problem with alias

2006-05-12 00:18:47
Hi.

I need some help with an alias in relation to 2 mailservers.

I have a mail alias set up on one mail server (mailserver1) that sends mail for
'jobs(_at_)foo' to 'employment(_at_)foo'

When I send an email to 'employment(_at_)foo' directly I get the right stuff
happening on mailserver2, namely in the maillog (on mailserver2) I see the mail
is received and replied to (autoreply functionality)
However when I send to 'jobs(_at_)foo' I see the mail being received in the
logs (on mailserver2) but not replied to.

/etc/mail/aliases on mailserver1 shows
jobs:          employment

/etc/mail/aliases on mailserver2 shows
employment:        user1

user1's /home/user1/.procmailrc (on mailserver2 machine) has an entry for
employment which as I said above works when directly mailed to, but not when
indirectly mailed to by 'jobs(_at_)foo'

The recipe for employment in the mentioned .procmailrc (on mailserver2) looks
like this:

:0:
* ^TO_employment |/usr/local/foo/bin/progThatResponds

Why isn't the mail to 'jobs(_at_)foo' processed correctly?

Thanks for any help.
Kind regards.

Luke.

--