Regular expression 'or' (|) problem

2006-05-26 05:52:29
I have a procmail recipe as follows:-

    :0:pmjunk.lock
    * ^TO.*\/(micromedia|usenet)
    | pmjunk $MATCH

but I can't get the 'or' in the string matching to work, the above
recipe never matches as far as I can tell an messages with micromedia
or usenet on the To: line just go to my default mailbox.

The recipe works fine if I don't try and 'or' multiple strings, e.g.

    * ^TO.*\/micromedia

works prefectly.  (BTW the pmjunk script just produces simple
statistics on the junk mail)

What am I doing wrong?  Do I need the ()?  From reading the
documentation it looks as if I do.

--
Chris Green (chrisisbd(_at_)leary(_dot_)csoft(_dot_)net)