Correcting return-path

2006-06-12 18:06:22

I'm sure this is in a FAQ somewhere but I couldn't find it.

I've been using procmail to forward messages that match certain criteria to my
cell phone.  The only issue I have is that the From: address that is displayed
on the phone is always *my* address.  I'm trying to find a way to show the
*real* sender.

After playing around with formail and the sendamil -f option a little I found
that the cell phone/network uses the Return-Path: field to display who the
message is from.  (Changing the From: header with formail made no difference in
the From: displayed on the phone)

So I'm thinking I need something like this:

    :0
    * ()/\^From: +\/.*
    {
       FROM = $MATCH
    }

    :0 c
    * ^Subject.*Help!!!
      | /usr/bin/sendmail -t -f$FROM

This does not work however.  I'm assuming that the format of FROM is not
correct for the -f flag as it includes the name etc(?).

Any thoughts?  BTW, I'm running on FC5 and procmail 3.22.

-- Thanks, Mike