detaching mime attachments

2006-06-17 19:55:09
I receive several e-mails with attachments from friends, all I do with
the mail is right click on the attachment and use"save as" to put the
attachment in a specific folder.

I've been searching the procmail archives, and found references to
something called "mimedecode", but it looks like it can only handle a
single attachment. In my case there may be more than a single attachment
in one mail message.

Regardless, I cannot find "mimedecode"on my system (Fedora Core 5), nor
can I find it anywhere.

Does anybody have a recipe they can share, or have any other
suggestions? :-)

I'm thinking now of just delivering the message to a specific mail
folder, then invoking a non-GUI mail client program, passing it command
line options to detach any/all attachments... so I am starting to look
for one of those.

Thanks,
Don