Re: Using References: and/or In-Reply-To: headers

2006-06-21 17:28:53
On 6/21/06, Don Russell <don(_at_)drussell(_dot_)dnsalias(_dot_)com> wrote:
LOCKFILE variable... according to my "procmail companion" book, that
needs to specify a path. The book is a little vague.... it goes on to
say if the specified file exists, then procmail waits until the file
does not exist. I take that to mean that setting this varible will
create the file if it does not exist, and then continue. un-setting the
variable then deletes the file... I'm guessing that the lock names are
stacked LIFO in case multiple locks are used.

No.  You get one lockfile at a time; as soon as you assign to
LOCKFILE, the previous lockfile is deleted and the new one is created.
 There is no stack.