delivering mail to /var/mail in maildir format using procmail

2006-08-06 08:54:01
Hi,

I've sendmail configured to use procmail on a solaris10 box.  I've no
difficulty delivering mail to user's home directory in the maildir
format using the following lines in /etc/procmailrc file:
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR
MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir/

But I want to be able to deliver mail to users in the /var/mail
directory in the maildir format.  In the /etc/procmailrc file, I
tried using DEFAULT=/var/mail/j/jdoe/Maildir/  .  With this entry,
I'm able deliver mail to jdoe in maildir format.  What can I use in
place of /j/jdoe/ for a generic user.  For example, in dovecot, the
mail environment variable can be defined as: default_mail_env =
maildir:/var/mail/%1u/%u/Maildir.  What is the equivalent in procmail.

Thanks much.

Vasantha