Re: Filter emails coming not from my own domain

2006-08-22 03:27:07
On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 11:37:32AM +0200, Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:

M. Imran schreef:

I want to filter all emails coming not from my own domain to
our private email address say privateaddress(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com .
I am working around following recipie but it is not working,
kindly tell me how to write it.

  :0
  * !^From:outsidefrom-mydomain(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
  * ^TO_privateaddress(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
  /dev/null

   :0
   * ! ^From:(_dot_)*(_at_)mydomain\(_dot_)com
   *   ^TO_privateaddress(_at_)mydomain\(_dot_)com
   /dev/null

See, also, my nearly identical answer from 10 August 2006 to
Imran's earlier version of this same question.

(I also pointed out there taht using "mydomain.com" as a generic
example of a domain is not a good idea, because mydomain.com is
a real domain with hundreds of thousands of customers.  That I
learned from bad experience to stay away from them is unrelated to
my point that it's a bad habit to use that domain in examples not
meant to apply do that domain specifically.)

Dallman