Re: detecting overused words

2006-08-29 14:20:38
----- Original Message -----
From: "Udi Mottelo"
Is that because spaces are protected by the parens?

 Yes and No, the spaces are part of the string you are looking
 for.  B_U_T, you may ask how procmail will know where the string
 start (you can put spaces betwin flags).  What we like to do is
 put null parenthesis or put the whole string in parenthesis:
 If you are looking for " abc"

* () abc

 Or

* ( abc)

 If you are looking for "a bc", all you need is:

* a bc

 If I have space at the end of the string I put enpty ()
 to make it more readable:  For example "abc "

* abc ()

Great exaplanation Udi.  Thank you very much!

-eric wood