Running a script from procmail

2006-09-29 16:20:57
I want to be able to examine a text file containing users (one user per
line), and drop any mail if a match is found to that user.  So, this
question is in 3 parts:

1.
To avoid acting on fake headers (and blank envelope From's), should I
match on "X-Original-To:" (which I think is put there by sendmail)
instead of To:?

2.
 From the examples I've seen and the procmail documentation, should the
recipe user flags "fwh".  That is assuming I only need to pass the
headers to the external script.

3.
I can use the grep command in an external script and get a return value,
and was thinking of adding an X- header to the message and let procmail
filter it out a later stage.  I'm not sure how to get the header back to
procmail.

Does this all make sense?

Many thanks,
Steve :)