Re: More Verbose Logs?

2006-10-06 00:58:35
CT Guy wrote:

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a way to get a more verbose log entry.  I
have some mail that is getting filtered into a folder that doesn't
belong there.  I can't figure out where I have the problem because I
have several rules set in the recipie that go to that same folder.  I
would love to see which rule is causing it to end up in the folder.

You can turn on verbose logging, which will show details of the rules
tested and matched. If you suspect certain rules you can limit the
verbose logging to that section:

    SAVEDVERBOSE=${VERBOSE}
    VERBOSE=yes

    # Suspicious rules here

    VERBOSE=${SAVEDVERBOSE}
    SAVEDVERBOSE=

Alternatively you can log additional fields in the log:

LOGABSTRACT=off
# Extract recipients assuming this is stored in X-Envelope-To, depending
on your mailer ymmv
TO=`$FORMAIL -c -X "X-Envelope-To:" | cut -f 2 -d " "`
TRAP='($FORMAIL -l "$LASTFOLDER"; echo "  To: $TO")'

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch
KlausRusch(_at_)atmedia(_dot_)net