procmail, famd, and "Couldn't create or rename temp file"

2006-10-12 15:18:24
On my server at home, I have postfix receiving mail.  The maildir's,
procmail, and postfix are on the same machine.  I have the following
procmail recipe:

:0 H
* (^Mailing-List: list|^Delivered-To: mailing list|^Mailing-List:
contact|^X-BeenThere:) \/[^(_at_)]+
$MAILDIR.$MATCH/new

This works most of the time.  Every once in a while, it fails to deliver
the mail to the folder.  It happens regardless of the regex MATCH or
explicit folder names.

I've traced it to this:  When I have recently opened a mail folder in
Thunderbird, which connects via courier-imap, famd is contacted to
monitor the mail folder directory (eg ~/Maildir/.foldername/new) for
changes.  When a change to the directory occurs, courier-imap is
notified and refreshes the mail client.

I see when famd is monitoring the mail folder directory by "lsof |grep
Maildir/.foldername"

When famd is not monitoring it, the mail gets delivered to the directory
with no problem.  When it is monitoring it, procmail gives the "Couldn't
create or rename temp file" message with
"...Maildir/.foldername/new/msg.oP" as the file it's attempted to create.

What can I do to allow procmail to deliver to a directory that famd has
open?