Re: Procmail, lockfiles and SpamAssassin

2006-10-26 06:20:18
On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 12:54:47PM +0100, Geoff Soper wrote:

I've since found the page
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/NoProcessOnOverload which
seems to detail this problem and a potential solution. However,
the described solution seems a bit of a sticking plaster solution
and I'd rather address the root issue of overloading. Your
suggestion of spamd/spamc is one I've seen elsewhere when people
are speaking about reducing load but I'm unsure as to how to
implement this. Do I simply replace "| spamassassin" with "|
spamc" or is there more to it than that?

Yes, provided spamc and the spamd daemon are installed on your
system.  The syntax may need to be tweaked.  For example,
I use "spamc -c".  Suggest you read the spamc man page.

A final question, I use LOG="comment" in my .procmailrc file
to add extra info to my log (i.e. which filter was matched in
the pre-SpamAssassin filtering) but can't work out how to get a
new line character after the comment! Everything I try either
does nothing or just prints the escaped newline character. Any
suggestions?

  LOG = "comment
  "

works.  Or predefine