postfix+procmail (+ courier-imap) -> master.cf --> owner

2006-11-02 17:20:18
Hello,

I´am new to this mailing-list and to use procmail. So sorry for my unqualified
questions.

I installed a complete mailserver (postfix+courier-imap) month ago and together
with fetchmail it´s running perfect.

Now I wanted to deliver the incoming external & internal messages per user in
their inbox and their subfolders.
So procmail seemed to be the right software for me and I installed it on my
system (SuSE 10.0) - version 3.22

First I changed the main.cf from postfix :
mailbox_command =
mailbox_transport = procmail

Then the master.cf :
procmail  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=R user=mail argv=/usr/bin/procmail -t -m USER=${user} EXT=${extension}
/etc/procmailrc

Then the  /etc/procmailrc and a the $HOME/.procmailrc.

a) So the mails queued by postfix and piped to procmail,
b) procmail called both procmailrc´s (INCLUDERC=...) and showed the results
correctly in a log-file,
c) at the end procmail delivered (saved) the mails in the correct maildirs
(from courier-imap).

BUT : all mails are owned by the "user=..." i.e. "mail" from the entry of the
master.cf (postfix).

I didn´t find any solution to correct this (so all imap-clients produce errors
and/or never show any mail in any folder).

Is there any possibility to changed this problem ?
(during the time to fix this, I change my main.cf temporarily to
"mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail -d ${USER}" - and this is working
with the correct owner).

Why I would like to use "mailbox_transport" ?
Here is the answer in the postfix doc :
# The mailbox_transport specifies the optional transport in master.cf
# to use after processing aliases and .forward files. This parameter
# has precedence over the mailbox_command, fallback_transport and
# luser_relay parameters.

"..after processing aliases and .forward files" are the keywords !

Thx for your help in advance ...