envvars not getting set

2006-11-08 16:40:53
Hello,
   I'm not sure if my other emails made it through so i thought i
would try once more. I am having trouble with procmail(with postfix
setup). I am using a global procmailrc (/etc/procmailrc) file and i of
course need to be able to find out which user is recieving each email
as a rule is evaluated. (as my mail folders are non standard
/mail/userid/.mail/)  The problem is that $USER is blank for some
unknown reason. so my rules like this:

:0:
* ^Subject:.*SPAMSPAMSPAM
/mail/$USER/.mail/.spam

 Fail to work properly.in the logs i see this:

procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/mail//mail/.spam"

Does anyone know why i am not getting any of the env variables set
/used properly. Could it be something to do with my postfix setup
(which claims it exports $USER)(and i followed th postfix/procmail
instructions on the postfix faq).

I could really use some help on this one.
Thanks,
  -Dylan