Re: Save email and forward it, help.

2006-11-29 21:23:45
At 17:29 2006-11-29 -0500, Efren Bravo wrote:

I've created the account tienda on my mail server and I want that the
incoming emails are saved here and to send a copy to other operaciones
account. To accomplish this I've written:

You realize that you could use an MTA alias and deliver to both the local
account and to a remote.  If using sendmail, in the /etc/mail/aliases file
you could put:

tienda: \tienda, operacione(_at_)domain(_dot_)cu

(if the other mailbox is also local, no need to provide a domain).

For those who don't know - the backslash in the address on the RHS of the
alias means "don't further alias this address", so it'll deliver to that
address without recursing into the alias again.

:0 c
* ^TO_tienda(_at_)domain(_dot_)cu
! operaciones(_at_)domain(_dot_)cu

Note that the dots in the domain in the CONDITION should be escaped:

:0 c
* ^TO_tienda(_at_)domain\(_dot_)cu
! operaciones(_at_)domain(_dot_)cu

Though as posted, your message should still match the domain because the
dot is a wildcard.  If you really want _all_ mail to this user copied
(which is what the above alias would do), there's no need to match ^TO_,
since if it arrived in this account, it must have been addressed to that
address - and the ^TO_ macro attempts to mach To:, Cc:, Bcc:, and others,
so if you received it AT the account, it was at least addressed Bcc:, even
if ^TO_ doesn't manage to match that.

Where is this rcfile?  What are the file persmissions?  Do you have
procmail installed as LDA, or are you invoking it via .forward?  Is the
FORWARD happening?

But the copy isn't working, I've seen on the procmailex(5) an example where
the copy is sent to a specific folder. I'm using POP3 and I've no extra
folder inside Maildir except new, tmp, cur.

Are you doing something which should cause a file to be created?  I don't
see anything.

What am I doing wrong?

1. not running with a VERBOSE logfile:

VERBOSE=YES
LOGFILE=$HOME/procmail.log

2. not running your rule within a sandbox.  See my website.