Re: Forward action error

2007-02-12 05:16:43
At 11:42 2007-02-12 +0100, Camille Bégnis wrote:
it certainly seems that SENDMAIL is blank.

procdiag tells me it is, indeed.

setting it to /usr/sbin/sendmail fixed the issue, is it enough?

Well, for YOUR invocation of it, yea, that should work.

What's the best way to fix it system wide?

Try symlinking /usr/lib/sendmail to your postfix sendmail stub and see if
procmail sees it.  Otherwise, set SENDMAIL in the /etc/procmailrcs (which
still will have NO EFFECT on anyone manually invoking procmail as a general
purpose filter).

FTR, on my systems, /usr/lib/sendmail and /usr/bin/sendmail are aliases to
/usr/sbin/sendmail ...

The sendmail installation path would have been determined at compile time,
not runtime.

Do you think I should contact the procmail mintainer at Mandriva?

Do whatever floats your boat.  You're talking about contacting a PACKAGE
maintainer for a specific distribution.  The SOURCE distribution via
procmail.org compiles and runs just fine for me.

Obviously, the procmail package you obtained for your distribution was
compiled with different assumptions about the MTA config.  Such is the
issue with using packages...