Re: Forwarding to SMTP

2007-02-15 14:00:53
Patrick wrote:

As part of a corporate reorganization I suddenly have a need to forward
all mail coming through my Linux/sendmail/procmail server to an smtp
server elsewhere.

er, versus storing it locally, or in order to get it outside of your
network when forwarding it elsewhere anyway?

If the latter, check into smarthost configuration.

I dont believe the following syntax will work:

# Forward the email
:0 c
!smtp:second-mail-server.net

! simply invokes $SENDMAIL.  if what you're passing wouldn't be accepted on
the commandline of SENDMAIL, then don't expect procmail to be able to
magically make it work.

Check on a SENDMAIL support list, such as news:comp.mail.sendmail about how
you should be configuring your MTA.