procmail and virtual mail accounts

2007-02-28 20:25:45
I'm sorry if this is a duplicate, but I didn't see the original post.

I have a web site at a hosting service and have set up several mail
addresses. I want to be able to send an e-mail to a specific address in my
domain and have procmail process the mail.

I have tried putting the .procmailrc file at several different levels in the
directory structure (/home/domain, /home/domain/mail,
/home/domain/mail/domain.com, /home/domain/mail/domain.com/user), but the
mail always gets delivered to the user inbox. This leads me to believe that
procmail is not being called for the virtual user name since it doesn't
really exist on the server, at least in the Unix sense.

Has anyone set up this kind of system before?

My recipe is pretty simple (the names have been changed to protect the
innocent):

:0
* ^TOuser(_at_)domain(_dot_)com
| ./script_to_run-v1.pl

The .procmailrc and perl script both have 755 privs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Giff

Giff Hammar / K1GAH
PHOENIX / USA-51515