Changing user configuration to mbox, instead of Maildir, format

2007-03-11 09:30:06
Hi guys,

On my local machine (openSUSE) I've got fetchmail up-and-running pretty well;
system, POP3 etc mail are sent directly into my mbox.

On a server (Ubuntu, where I don't have root access) it appears that the
default settings for all mail are Maildir. I really need to have them in mbox
format.

I've tried having a ~/.procmailrc file with $DEFAULT set, but that appears to
be ignored. /var/log/procmail shows DEFAULT assigned to the Maildir.

If I strace procmail < someMaildirMessage then it all works very well and it
goes into the mbox file. What might be going on here?

Kind thoughts,
Francis.