Re: LASTFOLDER blues

2007-03-25 05:39:41
On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 06:35:39PM -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Axel Thimm <Axel(_dot_)Thimm(_at_)atrpms(_dot_)net> [03-24-07 18:30]:
 [...]
What's wrong with unencrypted, but still authenticated mail? At least
you know whom you're communicating with - in theory. ;)

Not *usually* important past the regular sig/addr, and the
authentication is iffy.

AND, the added weight in text to the un-auth post is >100%, your post.

Also, I'm not sure how I know who I'm communicating with: the mail
came from the procmail list, not you.  It seems to me it could be
forged.  I admit I don't know much about authenticated mail.  But
I also know it would be pretty wild for someone to claim to be Axel
Thimm and start asking list questions about failed LASTFOLDER
delivery.  If it's really your _Doppelgaenger_ asking and not you,
(a) you'll soon tell us; and (b) so what?  It's still a procmail
question that deserves to be answered.

I'm reading this list with mutt, and the MIME parts just
add cruft and ugliness to the mail.

Dallman (hasn't had someone claim to be me here yet in 14 years,
         but there's always a first time, I guess)