RE: Filter and Resend Message

2007-05-05 07:28:20
Hi,

I played with the following script with and without the dot and it works
as long as the sub-dir was created in advance
and the user group write right is set correctly. Why is Procmail can
write to multiple directories but can not write to multiple
standard e-mail files?

Now that the mail is stored in the subdirectory instead of the
tradtioanl "one file for all mails", how could I get IMAP account using
MS Outlook to see it? Do I have to use a different client end?

# This format will create subr- dir called new and cur and tmp
automatically
#:0
#* test
#/var/spool/mail/kfl/ /var/spool/mail/dadu/

# This format will use numbered mail in the named directory
#
:0
* test
/var/spool/mail/kfl/. /var/spool/mail/dadu/.

Rgds,
Kfl. HK.

By the way, if you are delivering to folders, such as maildir+ folders,
you don't need separate procmail
delivery recipes for each local folder.  You can put them all on one
delivery line.

After you massage MY_TO appropriately to have the various mailfolder
paths in the lines, you would do this:

  MAILDIR = /var/spool/mail  # or wherever the mailspool is
 MY_TO = "$MAILDIR/john/ $MAILDIR/paula/ $MAILDIR/jill/"

 :0
  $MY_TO

Dallman