Re: I can't explain this, it's just weird!

2007-06-05 16:29:33
Dallman Ross wrote:
If you look in your logs, though, you will see that you have a space
at the front of the match.

Thanks for spotting that and the explanation.

What you probably want for your condition is this:

     * $ ^X-Original-To:.*\/[^(_at_)$WS]+

That will start the match at the first non-whitespace char.

I don't understand that, but I know I should from your explanation about
least bit greedy before the match.  This is how the regex and match
reads to me...

- Match as little as you can before \/, so try and match any character 0
times.
- Oh goody, here's \/ - let's get greedy.
- Match as much as you can until you come to a whitespace or @ char.

Is it possible to explain the above to me, and where I'm going wrong?

Many thanks,
Steve